Barnes and Noble

The Wild Hunt

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fried Squirrel…

I don't drive around looking curbside for animals to be there, honest I don't!!!

Wrote this before the turkey buzzard observation....

Ever watch squirrels tight-rope walk across power lines? They never seem to be flustered or concerned even when confronted with another squirrel going in the opposite direction. But this morning, I saw one make a fatal error on the highway in the sky the tree rat must have made a misstep as it reached the pole by completing a circuit and frying itself before dropping to the pavement below right in front of me.

Sometimes it takes something immediate like this to bring sense to my world. There are times when I want to let myself indulge in self-pity; like when we found water and mold damage to my house last year (still havent completed replacing the kitchen yet.)

Or thinking that if not for bad luck, Id have no luck at all when coming home on a Friday and the girlfriend announces We are going to the emergency room!, after one look at my face which had a very pronounced droop on the right side. Turns out I had a bout of Bells Palsy and was allowed to go home Saturday afternoon. (Any overnight stay in the hospital is not on my top ten list of things to do.) - Yes, I do appreciate the medical profession and have spent much time under their loving care, but for something that I anticipated as being nothing much turns out to be nothing much. It tends to be a joy killer.

Furthermore, a month later coming out of a local Mexican restaurant and finding my drivers side glass broken out and car stereo stolen. More importantly the smucks took my girlfriends purse which had no real money in it, but did have several mementos of her sister who has passed over from breast cancer. At the least, she would dearly love to recover any of those items. Doesnt look like it will happen

No comments:

Post a Comment